Student Resources

Advising and Registration Resources

  • Remove Departmental Advising Hold Form
    • Each semester a registration hold is placed on all music majors. After meeting with your advisor, use this form to request that the hold be removed.
  • Practicum Request Form
    • After speaking with your advisor, please fill out this form, have them sign it and submit to office manager.
  • Overload Form
    • If you will be taking over 16 credit hours in a semester, you will need to fill out this form, have your advisor sign it and pass it on to the department head.
  • Declaration of Major or Minor
    • To declare a major or minor you must also submit a declaration of major request using the Program of Study Management channel, located on the Academic Services tab in MyCharleston (

Local Opportunities

Looking to get involved in a production or to further your career goals? Audition for a departmental productionParticipation in Department of Theatre and Dance productions is open to all College of Charleston students and participation in the summer Shakespeare project to everyone. 

You can also audition at any of the local Charleston theatre companies:

Charleston Stage Company

Footlight Players

PURE Theatre

Threshold Repertory Theatre

Beyond Charleston

To get involved in opportunites beyond Charleston, explore these organizations: 

Social Media